Thursday, May 8, 2014
SPEAKING OF EXERCISE..
"Speaking of exercise," how's it going with you? Now that the weather is better, we can get out more and do other things like walking on the beach or the bike path.
I took a bike ride this week and hope to take another one today. I also got out my hula hoop and jump rope. I'm thinking of investing in a bosu ball because it's really good
for balance work and abdominals. I was at a wellness fair at Willy's Gym in Eastham and took a demo class with the bosu ball. It was fun and challenging! You always want to change up your workout so your body doesn't get bored and used to the same old exercises because they won't be as effective. I know it's a pain, but it keeps your mind sharp thinking of different activities to do!
Speaking of keeping your mind sharp, try doing some opposite arm/leg movements.
It challenges the brain because you have to use both sides of it. Just try standing up and holding your right leg up and your left arm at the same time. Try not to fall over!
Have a great day everyone and enjoy the sunshine. Be extra nice to yourself and some one else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment