I can't believe it's Labor Day weekend already! Time sure does fly! I haven't written for a while because we went away last weekend to Maine to visit with my stepson Josh and his family. We brought two grandsons with us, and they hung out with their cousin. The boys had a great time sleeping outside in tents and cooking on a campfire!
My husband and I stayed at a hotel. No sleeping on the ground for me!
On Sunday, we took a ride to Rangley and stopped at Smalls Falls along the way.
It's a beautiful spot where you hike up beside the falls and there are several places to jump in. I tried that a few years ago and the water is freezing, so I opted to watch the kids. We got to Rangely at noon time and the kids cooked out, while we had a nice lunch at a restaurant that overlooked Rangley Lake and mountains. Afterwards,
we changed and went swimming with the kids. That's when I realized my Tablet was
missing. I franticly traced and retraced my steps, but found nothing. I prayed and prayed to St. Anthony, but to no avail. I was really upset and mad at myself!
The next day we had to leave and make the long, 5plus hours, trip home. I called Verizon to cancel my service and went to the store where I purchased my devise only the find out a replacement would cost me $300.00. That's more than three times what I paid for the original because I didn't have insurance! So I went back to work and worked very hard on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night at 8pm, I got a call from a woman in Rangley, Maine who had found my tablet! Apparently, I left it in the rest room when I changed into my bathing suit. She got my name from the tablet and
googoled me! I was so happy and excited, and I blessed her many times. She will mail it back to me and I will reimburse her. Isn't that wonderful! It just renews your faith in God and humanity!
Take care everyone, and have a great and safe weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment