Tuesday, July 22, 2014

SUMMER RUSH!!

For the first time in my four years as a personal trainer and owner of my own business, I'm experiencing a summer rush!  I've gotten five new clients in the space of a week and a half!  Which means I've been very busy.  This is exciting and a good thing, but sometimes you neglect yourself because you are working really hard.
I neglected my music and even though I am still exercising, it is not enough.  I ignored a very basic rule, and that is you must change up the exercise.  So I added an hour a day and have increased the intensity.  So when I ride my bike it's at a faster pace.  When I work out on the elyptical, I do short bursts of speed.  I want to also include tennis.
I started on Saturday with two hours of pilates.  One class was a jumping class, so it was cardiovascular.  I rode my bike on Sunday in some rain.  Yesterday I did the elyptical for three sets of 10 minute interval for a total of 30 minutes and took a thirty minute walk in the afternoon.  I also got adjusted by my chiropractor Dr. Andrew Mcclennen of Chatham and my hubby got a massage from Paulette Abdow who works out of Andrew's office on Crowell Rd. in Chatham.  We've got to exercise and take care of our bodies.  Today I'm doing two sets of thirty, hopefully biking and walking.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment