Monday, December 1, 2014

CANTOR

This Sunday was my first Sunday as cantor at Holy Trinity Church in W. Harwich.
I was quite nervous at first, but I had practiced the psalm earlier so I was ok with that.
I probably should have had some of the songs pitched lower, but I'll know better for the next time which will be next Sunday at the 5:30 mass.  It was really a beautiful experience and really an honor to praise God with the gift he has given me, my voice.
It was also very special to be on the altar.  The only other times were at my Mom's funeral and when we renewed our marriage vows.  This was a totally different experience.  The choir director, Steve, was very nice and helpful.  He sang the mass parts since I only know the alto parts.  It just gave me such a lift, and I'm very grateful
for the chance to sing and praise God in this way!  Have a great week!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment