On November 20th I had to get some skin cancer removed from my face. It's called basil cell carcinoma. So I went in to the office and the Doctor outlined the area he needed to cut and gave me a needle to numb the area. The needle really hurt, but the rest did not. I ended up with six stitches and a partly numb face. It was really weird
because my right eyebrow would not move! Anyway I could take the bandage off in
24 hours and it felt O.K. I had to go back in a week to get the stitches removed, only to find out the margins were not clear. So I have to be cut again this week. The Doctor said I could wait until after the holidays, but I want it over and done with now!
I also celebrated a birthday, and we went away. I ate some fried food and had a little more wine than usual. So when I got back, I cut back a little on the calories and I was
in good shape. I also want to make note that a week before I was at my ultimate high
probably due to the stress and some Chinese food that we ate.(too much sodium!)
So I got a little freaked out but didn't let it ruin my birthday! In the old days, a bad number on the scale could ruin my life and the lives of all the people around me too!
Thanksgiving was nice. We spent it with family. My stepdaughter Kate cooked a Turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce(so much better than canned!) I brought
stuffing, rolls, peas, and some wine. My sister-in-law brought squash, sweet potatoes
and an apple pie. Kate also made this great corn dish which was delicious!
I had a long walk with my friend on Thanksgiving morning so I had my exercise.
Friday A.M. I had a dead battery, so we had to deal with that. Oh well, that's what
credit cards are for!
Saturday was Pilates and Yoga. We also had a nice walk on the beach! Sunday was church and we saw the new Judy Dench movie "Philomena". It was great and a true
story. We went to Chapins for their end of the year party and had dinner. There was lots of free food, but I stayed with salad and protein. It was fun!
I'm offering a special for my class at Harwich Community Center Monday and Wednesday at 5:30 P.M. two classes for $15.00 three weeks in December for $45.00!
So come on over and de-stress for the holidays!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment