Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day and cooking.

Thank you to all the Veterans who fought for our Country!  My hubby  went to a
ceremony this morning and we will be going to Johnny Kelly Park this afternoon to
look at the American flags there.

This weekend had Pilates, Yoga  cleaning and grocery shopping.  We went to Orleans to pick up payment for our entertainment for The Rowley Art Gallery in the form of  a
beautiful piece of art done by Peg Reynolds called " Walking to the Atlantic,"  Just a
peaceful beach setting in beautiful blues.  Really gorgeous!  We took a walk on Fort Hill in Eastham.  It was a little windy and cold, but the views were terrific!

We came home at around 4 and started cooking.  My hubby cut up onions and  peppers for the eggplant parmesan .  I egged and breaded the eggplant and cooked it in the broiler instead of frying in oil which cuts down on the calories.  I also used fat free feta cheese in the layers along with the veggies and tomato sauce.  It was topped off with
50% light sharp cheese.  I also cooked a boneless pork tenderloin in the microwave and
we had broccoli  with a little cheese and some sweet potato chips that we broiled.

Oh, I forgot to mention I made up for the extra calories I totally enjoyed at the party last week and weighed in at my lightest ever!  Which makes me wonder if I'm loosing bone density in my hips.  So I'm adding squats and bridging to my exercise routine.
My Mom had two hip replacements and I was in a bad car accident in my twenties and suffered a pelvic fracture.  So I have some problems in that area.

Sunday was a day for singing and praising which is quite appropriate.  After church,
we headed over to Epoch in Brewster to sing!  Frank and I both play guitar and sing.
We do a variety of Irish/American Folk music and have fun while we're doing it!
The folks there were quite appreciative.  So after singing for an hour and hauling equipment back and forth, we forced ourselves into taking a walk down the bike trail.
We rewarded ourselves with a drink at our favorite watering hole "The All American."
It started to downpour 10 minutes after our walk, so we made it just in time. 

We got home and I put together a squash pie.  Which really isn't hard since I buy the crust.  It takes about 10 min. to prepare and an hour to cook.  I always make one crust pies with stevia which cuts down on the calories.  I also used a liquid egg substitute.
Hopefully all the fake stuff won't kill me!

Today is Veteran's Day so the Harwich Community Center is closed.  I'm not having a Wed. class on the 13th of this month or the 20th, but if you and a friend would like to try a Monday class on the 18th of this month, give me a call at 774-994-0061.
Thanks and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment