This Tuesday my husband informed me that we were accompanying one of his friends
at an open mic in Cotuit that evening! He forgot to write down the date and we hadn't
practiced the music, and I would not be free until 4:30 that afternoon! Needless to say,
I was a bit stressed out! However, I held my temper and we pulled it together. We practiced a few times at home and arrived an hour early. We were able to set up and get a glass of wine at the performance center. Things were looking up! Frank's friend Don arrived in full Elvis regalia including the black wig and sunglasses! We practiced
"Hound Dog" and "Heartbreak Hotel", and we were the second act to go on. The audience loved it and everything went well! We listened to a few other performers and left at 8:30. It was fun to be up and about on a summer evening! We hadn't had dinner, so we opted for Chinese take out which was perfect! We were having a date on a week night! My point here is to enjoy each other and do what makes you happy together. My husband and I met many years ago and connected through our music. We both play guitar and sing and we love it! Do what makes you happy and you will make others happy too. Sound like a song doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment