Last week I went to my annual visit to my dermatologist. I had one flap of skin frozen off and a biopsy taken from my shoulder. I got a call yesterday and the biopsy was basil cell carcinoma, so it has to be removed. Last year I had one removed from my face. The one from my face was fine for a few years and then it changed and had to be removed. I went to a plastic surgeon for that one, but this one I'll have done in the office and have a scar that I can tell stories about! My point here is to get your skin checked. The one I had on my shoulder was a tiny red mark a little bigger than a dot.
The one on my face was darker and a bit more obvious. The real kicker was the melanoma I had on my shoulder which looked like a big freckle! Don't put it off! It may be a bit inconvenient and uncomfortable, but it is totally worth it! I know that
sounded a bit preachy, but I learned through experience. Take care of yourselves out there and wear your sunscreen.
No comments:
Post a Comment